Tuesday, October 14, 2008

COMPETITION!

Hey gang,

I hope you managed to head over to ordinarypeoplechangetheworld.com and made a donation or bought a tshirt. Thanks to everyone who did. It's such a great cause enabling us to symbolically thank and support all creators in one fell swoop (I have no idea what a "fell swoop" is, but I'm guessing it's big). Apparently we raised $100,000, double what we needed!

And the lovely Miriam at Grand Central Publishing has offered to sponsor a competition on my blog. Hey, I ask and then I give! That's fair. The prizes are three copies of Brad Meltzer's new book, THE BOOK OF LIES:

"In Chapter Four of the Bible, Cain kills Abel. It is the world's most famous murder. But the Bible is silent about one key detail: the weapon Cain used to kill his brother. That weapon is still lost to history. In 1932, Mitchell Siegel was killed by three gunshots to his chest. While mourning, his son dreamed of a bulletproof man and created the world's greatest hero: Superman. And like Cain's murder weapon, the gun used in this unsolved murder has never been found. Until now."
For three prizes, Miriam and I have decided on one question, with three categories of answers. The winner of each category wins a copy of THE BOOK OF LIES.

So here's the question:

WHAT SUPERPOWER WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE AND WHY?

The three categories are:

1. Best HEROES-related answer.

2. Best SUPERMAN-related answer.

3. Funniest answer.

You can enter multiple categories, but you can only win one. All decisions are final and made by me, and subject to whatever whims that might have taken my fancy on the day of judgment. I can only be bribed by the charm, wit and intelligence of your answer.

All entries must be in by next Monday the 27th of October midnight LA time. I will announce the winners and runner-ups on Tuesday the 28th of October. If winners don't contact me by the following Tuesday the 4th of November, the the runner up wins.

Below you will find three separate blog post entries with the title of each being the category. Place your entry as a reply under the respective category. Entries must be under 100 words.

Thanks again to Grand Central Publishing, Miriam and Brad Meltzer and his new novel, THE BOOK OF LIES.

No comments: