Sunday, May 28, 2006

PLAYSTATION part 1 page 1

JAn (my writer) asked me the other day for a copy of the stuff that we had done together. Pesky writer! How DARE he actually want a copy of the stuff that launched us to infamy and poverty!

Anyway, I went through the stuff and realised that there was a heap of stuff that people probably hadn't seen. It's old, it's a little rough (on my part) but I think it's still fun.

Cos I'm a bastard and not drawing anything at the moment, I'm going to drag this baby out. So expect a page a day kids!

But first, some backstory.

Once upon a time there was a magazine called HQ magazine. It tried to fill the niche of being a little bit more high brow and appeal to both men and women.

It went under.

But just before it did, they were doing a comic art competition with Sony Playstation. The brief was to do a two page comic featuring the Playstation symbols: cross, square, circle and triangle. JAn and I came up with the idea of making it like Australian Idol, auditioning for a fifth symbol.

Here's page one of two.

No comments: