Thursday, November 02, 2006

PHASE page 1


As I mentioned previously I did a Diploma of Multimedia at Holmesglen TAFE. I then lectured there for a year before I started Body United. During that time I became good friends with all the teachers. The film lecturer there is Sky Crompton who basically offered me my dream job: he asked me to co-star as a superhero in his short film, PHASE.

It was an incredibly professional production with a significant budget which starred Asher Keddie (from Love My Way). Sky is a graduate of the New York Film Academy, and he wrote this script as his first serious foray into film. Flatteringly enough he actually wrote it with me in mind. After running it by me asked me to be involved - despite all my time pressures, I really couldn't say no. It really is one of the highlights of my life. Sure it has some problems, but overall I think it's a decent watch and a good story. Asher totally shines in it.

As part of the promotion for it, Sky asked me to do an 8 page comic. Unable to draw it I used screen caps and played with levels, contrasts and colours to create a more graphic feel. All the dialogue is written by Sky, and I wrote all the captions to tie the story together. It was a lot of fun adapting a film into a comic.

NEXT: page 2!

No comments: