Wednesday, November 08, 2006

PHASE page 4



So after working with Nicole, I threw myself back into the rehearsals with renewed vigour. I also read and asked around a lot on acting theory. Do you do each take differently (like Sir Ian Holme) and let the director pick the take he likes, or do you pick one take yourself and then try and perfect that?

Anyway, by the time I hit the set, what really helped was Asher. It's incredible when you work off someone with that level of talent and passion for acting. The intensity you get off someone like that brings a realism to the table that actually left me speechless everytime I was supposed to be rendered speechless. It was such a breath of fresh air, because the rehearsals were starting to get stale. I really needed something more to bounce off than Sky was giving me (no offence to Sky, but he wasn't as invested in the role as Asher was).

And when you work opposite someone like that, the imagined suddenly becomes extraordinarily real.

Again, it's one of those things I learnt so much from and would love to pursue again sometime.

No comments: