Monday, June 25, 2007

INTERVIEW!

As I mentioned recently, Paul from the 3Heroes podcast contacted me on my blog. I followed his links (as I do on most of the people who comment on my blog) and found the 3Heroes site where I began listening to his podcast. While I really enjoy Emily and Kay, I found Paul hilarious.

I posted on his blog that he would be welcome to drop me a line if he needed anything. He emailed me asking me if he could interview me. I was stunned! My first propper interview. Previously I had text pieces focusing on me, but never an actual interview where people could hear me! As most people who know me have realised - I'm not shy of the sound of my own voice. I have lectured, done countless amounts of public speaking as well as charity motivational work for under-privileged children and teens.

So we made a time to do it last Sunday. Late last Wednesday evening, Paul saw that I was on Skype and asked me if we could do a test. We chatted as he played with software. Then he asked if we could do a test interview. Well one and a half hours later at 2:30am, we finished the impromptu interview!

We were totally unprepared! Paul and I just chatted, and he emailed me back a day later saying that it was everything he needed and we didn't need to do Sunday. I was stunned, but skeptical.

Last night I listened to it, and I really enjoyed it. I realised I can't answer a question directly, but we both did a reasonable job of not only staying on topic, but having a really high-energy conversation. Paul was fantastic, and listening to it, I still can't believe that it's the first time we had spoken!

As a note, just in case any of you are fortunate enough to ever be interviewed, here's the one lesson I learnt:

REMEMBER THE QUESTION: Ramble if you've got a good story, but remember to answer the question. There were a couple times I got a bit lost and crawled up my own ass.

You can find the interview at:

3HEROES.NET

It's episode 18. It's pretty clearly marked: Interview with Jason Badower.

Enjoy! I'd love to hear some feedback.

PS. Why did I upload this image? To prove that I can draw Ali Larter after my miserable effort on page 9. =)

11 comments:

Frank said...

Posted at HeroesARG. http://www.heroesarg.com/main/2007/06/25/3-heroes-interviews-jason-badower/

Kelly J. Crawford said...

I'm listening to your podcast interview right now, Jas. It's bloody awesome! At this moment you guys are discussing what a great job you did drawing a young Malcolm McD in his Clockwork Orange days. I'm really quite shocked at the sound of your voice, though. Perfect for Rock & Roll FM radio.

KJC

Anonymous said...

Here's the direct link. I have to get my speakers working before I can listen. :(

Heh: the captcha I have to type to leave this comment is "digipoo". That's my new favorite nonword.

Anonymous said...

Great interview. You might talk out your ass, but it's entertaining, and that's all that matters.

For the record, I like both Nikis you drew.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I lol'd a lot at that, haha. I listened to it this afternoon while I was drawing, and had to pick up again later, as my friend stole me to make me go grab lunch with her and her sister - Apparently they're worried about how much time I'm spending with my tablet :O lol. Anywho, awesome interview once I got over the accents! (I haven't seen any of my Australian friends since '04 and it's not an accent I hear around here often :))
And Ryan is right - the likeness might've been off on the first Niki, but they were both awesome!

CurlyMarie said...

This is a lovely drawing of Ali Larter. You're rightly proud of it. :)

I haven't had a chance to listen to the podcast yet, but it's on my list for Thursday, when I will have the necessary time available. I'm looking forward to it!

CurlyMarie

Anonymous said...

Curliemarie, be ready for some fun, rambling stories, lots of references to comic book creators that I didn't know (have Wikipedia handy), and some really nice shoutouts (thanks, Jas!)

Ryan

jasonb said...

dj-anakin: Thanks for the plug, mate!

kjc: Glad you enjoyed it! I've gotten the radio thing before and it flatters the hell out of me. I have one trainer who (when I call him) goes, "Am I on the air?"

ryan: digipoo??? Glad it entertained you. Thanks for the comments on the Niki's but you're too kind on the first one. Sorry about all the off-HEROES stuff, we just got distracted.

acid: Glad you laughed! I was having fun, I'm glad that others found it amusing. Heh, thanks on the Nikis.

curly: Love to hear your thoughts.

Unknown said...

Yeay! I'm gonna download the podcast right now. 8-) And ROTFL at work (ROTFLAW?) over your final Ali Larter comment. 8-D

RGS: My sister and I used to play "Nonsense Scrabble"... it's extremely entertaining. BUT you have to come up with a definition for the word you create, and you can't use any real words. 8-)

jasonb said...

Hahahaha. I did that to a mate once in a game of Scrabble and used the word, "Vuba" and said that it's a German automobile. My mate let it slide even though:

1. It's not an English word.
2. It's a noun.
3. It's not even a real word.

Suffice to say, I never let him forget that.

Anonymous said...

When I get down to Melborune, JAson, you BETTER have the travel scrabble out, cos I'll be kicking your @$$ at made-up words.

:D I am so stoked y'all loved the interview. I was as exited as Jason to be giving it.

CHeers, Paul C