Tuesday, June 27, 2006

INNOCENTS COVER 1B: CLOSEUP


I really hope Annette doesn't mind me doing this, but I thought I'd show you guys what only I seem to get to see.

I don't know if this is a "How-to" more a "behind the scenes". Believe me, I've been staring at her work and still can't figure out how she does it!

But look at these eyes! look at the eliptical highlights, they're incredible. They bring such like on such a subtle level it's incredible. Look also at how much of the actual colouring is impressionistic. It's so simple in some areas yet sells so much!

I've had people raving about her hair and dying for a closeup. Well there you go. She's taken my tonal layers, colourised them and then gone in and created airbrush selections in keeping with the linework.

My favourite things about it:

1. The shine in the eyes.
2. The highlight above the left lip.
3. The fill light from the character's right.
4. The glow from the background on the inner areas of the eyes
5. The lipstick colour.
6. The coloured linework (inspired from Ex Machina and then cranked up to Annettian proportions).

Got some more stuff incoming. It's just gotta be cleared first.

No comments: