Sunday, May 21, 2006

A picture says

Who am I?

My name is Jason Badower.

For those of you who know me, you can read this with a wry smile on your face.

For those of you who have found this through some unfathomable means probably involving the sacrifice of small children or simply a good search engine… “hi”.

I am a comic book artist working as both artist and art director for Space Dog, the marketing/media arm of Top Cow. Space Dog’s job is to test and create comic books as a proving and developing ground for intellectual property in other media.

I work mostly with a talented writer, JAn. As my job is to edit art, his job is to edit stories. I’m sure his name will crop up here heaps. You can check out his LJ at: http://jan-event.livejournal.com/


While I have been doing comic books in Australia for the last 15 years, I have only been a professional for the last two years. I am currently 20,000 words into a text/essay/book on comic book storytelling. When I have a name and career behind me to add some weight to what I’m saying (going from academic, to practicing teacher) I will get the damn thing printed… and finished.

In the meantime, this blog will serve as chronicle, diary and insight into my career, thoughts and ideas. The topics will mostly be about comic books, but I might self-servingly sneak some personal items in here too.

The main beauty of this, is what I do is visual. You want to know what I’ve been up to? You need to see it.

No comments: