Friday, October 19, 2007

ARMAGEDDON part 5

Crikey! We're still on Saturday! Hahahah, I never say, "Crikey." But while we were in the US the guys and I developed a bad habit of not only using every Aussie stereotypical saying we could think of, but also made up a few. My favourite was, "I'm so hungry I could eat the crotch out of a low flying wombat."

When asked what a wombat was, I replied that it was a large predatory bird that feeds on kangaroos.

People's expressions were priceless.

Anyway, after my 20min lunch beak, I decided to only do pencil sketches. Before lunch I had a line which was waa-aay too long, so I gave 12 people numbers and told them they could jump the line after lunch. Probably not the best idea, but it's what I did.

First up, were two portraits by these two brothers. Really nice guys. It's all so light. I hope you can make these out.



A pencil sketch of Hiro Nakamura. I'm pretty sure that this took me all of 2 min, and it looks cool! I just re-watched the season one episode where Simone can't believe that it's Hiro in the comic. He says that it is indeed him, but his head is not as round.

Poor Masi, suffers from uber-round head in my sketches.






Can you make out this Nightcrawler? I don't think I'd ever drawn Kurt Wagner before. It was a buzz, and I'm really happy with it! I loved that sketch.











Ace from KISS. Luckily the reference was on this guy's tshirt and not on his skin. There was enough man-skin seen that day for my little ol' heart. Any more and I would have keeled over.








A pencil Sylar. I finished this, using the technique I had used for all the pen and ink stuff. I looked at it and realised that it wasn't quite right. It was an ok drawing, I wasn't playing to the strengths of the medium.

I looked forward to my next Sylar as I had an idea.








Same with this Emo Petrelli. I had a good look at this too and again realised that the pen and ink technique wasn't the strongest when transferred to pencil. The copic marker for the shading was adding a lot of depth that I wasn't getting with just the outlines in the pencil.

Back to the drawing board for Peter, too.






This is an old mutimedia student of mine. Hi, Amanda!

She let me draw anything I wanted. So again, we end up with a slightly too chunky-headed angry Superman.







This little guy's request for the Joker was great. What a fun idea. While I loved the request, I didn't do it justice. I've got the best idea for another pencil Joker sketch. Any takers, anyone?









Another portrait. He wanted himself as Batman. It was actually one of the best portraits I did all day. I remember it getting a lot of "oohs" and "ahs" from the crowd when I showed everyone.

No comments: