Sunday, October 22, 2006

SUPERJESS - page 1


First up, I should really emphasize that this is a total piss-take. Jess is one of the funniest, smartest, creative and motivated girls I know. She's incredibly switched on and the whole thing was taken with a huge amount of grace on her part.

I basically took all the little things that I knew about her (yes, I do pay attention when you clients get chatting) and rolled them all into one-panel gags. It's totally over the top with a nice little grain of truth at the centre.

I could only two tone everything (three for the lycra) and relied heavily on photos for backgrounds because of the time constraint. One week to write, draw two pages and a cover - all fully coloured and lettered. As I said before, if it wasn't a bucket of fun, I wouldn't have done it.

The colouring was Luna Brothers inspired (see Girls and Ultra).

I liked fading out the letter balloons so that they integrated with the artwork also. I think it meshes better.

No comments: