Tuesday, October 24, 2006

ZERO-G Evelyn



I thought this would follow on nicely. This is Evelyn from Zero-G. While she barely makes an appearance in book 1, she's our heroine and love interest for the series. That's Jess helping me out.

I've been blessed with some great models. I classify a great model as one who is comfortable with me enough to just go for the feeling or stupid pose. They talk about there being "brave" actors who just go for the emotion and the scene and really put themselves out there. I've found I also need "brave" models who can act. I've found that the better I know people, the more they trust me. I'm a lot of things, but I'm not gonna screw people around.

I worked with my mate, Simbo recently and was totally blown away by how quickly he hit marks and emotionaly beats. I guess knowing him so well meant that I knew what direction to give, and what he would respond to. He was also totally comfortable and able to just really go big with his emotion without over-acting. When you see the images you will know what I'm talking about.

Jess (above) is also great for this. I've known her for six months and we get on like a house on fire. Her involvement in film both behind and in front of the camera makes her an ideal model for me. She knows production as well as acting. It's a good combo to have in a model.

One of the real tricks I need from a model is to be able to smile. Generally if you can convince me that your character is happy, you can convince me of anything. The funny thing is that it's in the eyes. I've had many people comment on previous pieces when I have worked with models that either I didn't know very well or didn't direct well or couldn't act. You can really see it. I really try to be true to the model, and any level of discomfort or anything missing really comes through. I might post a piece that illustrates this next as an example.

No comments: